Seems it is going to be a banner Fall season at the Alamo Drafthouse in Yonkers! I was just perusing through my news feed on facebook and saw that on October 3rd, the Alamo is once again hosting the Ultimate Willy Wonka Party! I went last year and it was so much fun! (Check out my post here – World of Pure Imagination Comes to Life at the Alamo Drafthouse) Be sure to buy your Golden Ticket to this event HERE
If that isn’t enough to entice you, here are a few of the highlights on the schedule as of now:
- Sunday August 23rd – Pee Wee’s Big Adventure (Keep and eye out, you might see my and my stepbrother wearing our bow ties and big shoes!)
- Monday August 24th – Oskar Blues Weird Science Beer Dinner – Not only do you get to experience the 30th Anniversary of this John Hughes classic on the big screen, but you get a dinner and beer pairing featuring options from Oskar Blues Brewery. Wearing a bra on your head is optional
- Friday September 4th & Sunday September 6th – Jaws – Need I say more?
- Saturday September 5th – Indiana Jones Trilogy – All three movies starting at Noon, and only $15!
- Sunday September 13th – Hudson Valley Craft Beer Fest presents Stand By Me Dinner – As a part of the Hudson Valley Craft Beer Fest, the Alamo has partnered with Sloop Brewing Company for a screening of STAND BY ME, including a four course feast paired with beers. And yes, the do have blueberry pie for dessert!
- Thursday September 17th – Old School quote-along. Yes the Alamo is having it’s own Mitchapalooza. Not sure if there is going to be any late night streaking but it should be a good time!
These are just a few that enticed me, there are plenty current releases and other old favorites to choose from! Check their calendar for regular updates HERE