I know it may seem all the great deals are at the big retail chains but don’t forget to support you small business. These are the “mom & pop” stores that make your neighborhood a true community. They can provide interesting and unique gifts for your friends and loved ones. American Express started the Small Business Saturday campaign to support these business and I think it is a great way to remind shoppers of the local gems in their own neighborhoods!
One of Westchester’s local gems in bobbysue’s nuts! Located in Chappaqua, NY, bobbysue’s nuts is a scrumptious creation. A savory snack that combines almonds, cashews, and pecans with an egg white coating of select spices and a dash of sweetness. Besides being absolutely delicious and a Westchester based business, here is what I love about bobbysue’s:
- Owned and operated by a female entrepeneur who got the idea when she was looking to raise extra monety to help a charity – Girl Power and a charitable cause! Awesome!
- bobbysue’s still gives back! They donate 2% of profits or $5000 (which ever is greater) to charity. They have donated aproximately $40,000 since inception in 2008.
- The lids on their 8 oz jars can measure out a serving size (really convenient for a over snacker like me!)
- They are a GMO and gluten free product
- They will ship internationally which will be great for my international blogging friends who may want to order some tasty treats! (Shout out to some of my international blogging friends: Vivian at The Bloggette, Rachel at Rachel Tries Life, Haley Margret at A Stitch to Scratch, Jithin at PhoTrablogger and Sarah at Commas And Ampersands)
- They collect their used jars. You can ship them back, drop them off at their offices, and/or get them refilled at the office is you stop by.
- There are three different varieties – Original, Some Like it Hot, and It’s Raining Chocolate – to choose from
Starting on Small Business Saturday and extending through December 31st, bobbysue’s nuts is teaming up with another local company, Lola’s Granola Bar for a great set of discounts. Incidently, Lola Granola Bar is another local company. Lola is based in Croton Falls, and creates a gluten free and non-GMO product and who gives back to anti-hunger children’s back pack programs. This team had put together the following deals for all the holiday shoppers out there:
- Buy any box of Lola Granola Bars (12 ct) – receive 2 FREE 1 oz bags of bobbysue’s nuts! Original
- Buy a Lola Granola Holiday Survival Box – receive 3 FREE 1 oz bags of bobbysue’s nuts! Original
- Spend $25+ on bobbysue’s nuts! – receive 2 FREE Lola Granola Bars
- Spend $50+ on bobbysue’s nuts! receive 4 FREE Lola Granola Bars + FREE Shipping.
All qualifying orders must be placed between 11/29/14 and 12/31/14. For more information, or to place an order, visit bobbysue’s nuts! at their website – bobbysuesnuts.com
*all photos courtesy of the bobbysue’s nuts! website – don’t they look delicious!!