Well Ladies and Gents, we are one month down and 109 days to go till the Star Wars Rebel Challenge. Time to take a little inventory.
Since September the following has happened (to my plesant surprise!):
- Weight – Down 3.4 lbs
- Inches Lost – 3.5 inches (little bits here and there add up!)
Even with my theme park eating and my lack of gym attendance (I did my best but there were a few days I just couldn’t get there) I did see small progress.
For October, I am doing the following:
- Continue to track my low carb eating with the My Fitness Pal app – When I track what I eat, I tend to stay on track. When I do slide off track (I’m human!) at least I don’t go completely off the rails while tracking.
- Lift weights at least three times a week – The human body burns more calories maintaining muscle than it does fat. I just had a great conversation with one of my coworkers about success with free weights. I need to get back to lifting, even if it is light weight, it will make a difference!
- Attend Bikram Yoga at least twice a week – I ran the Bronx 10 Miler with one of the instructors from my yoga studio this weekend. Both of us had not done much training but had done a lot of yoga practice. Cross training my muscles with yoga will help both my mind and my body.
- Remember to take my fish oils – I always forget and there is a lot of research regarding the effects of muscle growth and fat loss with the aid of fish oil
- Pack my lunch – This saves both money and calories. A simple way to win!
- Burpee Challenge – In addition to all of the above, SK2 and I have signed up to take the 30 Day Burpee Challenge from Eat Drink and Be Skinny. If you want to sign up, there is still time. You can check it out HERE
- October Races – I’m signed up for the Sleepy Hollow 10K and the NYRR Dash to the Finish 5K races this month (technically the dash is November 1st, but I’m counting it as October) These should help make sure I get some cardio on the books.
There is still a long road ahead of me, and there will be lots of pitfalls with the upcoming holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Festivus, ect) but I’m in this for the long haul. I’m going to be a completely different woman by the end of it all.
Who is inspired for October?