This weekend was the 2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon down in Disneyworld. I did not run it this year, but I am going to take this time to reflect on all the accomplishments I’ve made since last year’s Princess Half Marathon.
- I’ve ran four 1/2 marathons (PHM, Sleepy Hollow, Disneyland, and Las Vegas Rock and Roll)
- I’ve ran one ten miler
- I’ve ran five 10K races
- I’ve ran a five miler
- I’ve ran nine 5k
- I’ve ran one full marathon
- I’ve participated in a Ragnar Relay, covering 19.1 of the 260 miles
Over the past three years that I’ve been using the Nike Plus Tracker I’ve managed to increase my number of runs and miles per run:
- In 2011, I ran a total of 175.9 miles over the course of 69 runs coming to an average of 2.5 miles a run.
- In 2012, I ran a total of 226.2 miles over the course of 66 runs, coming to an average of 3.4 miles a run. Increasing my yearly miles by 28%
- In 2013, I ran a total of 617 miles over the course of 130 runs, coming to an average of 4.75 miles a run. Increasing my yearly miles by 172%
As of 2/20, 2014 is shaping up to be pretty good. I’ve ran a total of 80.3 miles over the course of 18 runs, averaging 4.4 miles. I wish this was slightly better but the weather and time limitations at the gym have made it more challenging that past years to get my miles in. I have faith they will get better as the weather improves (which will hopefully happen soon)
As Lao Tzu said, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. My journey is not special or unique. Anyone can do it. You just have to take the first step. You can do it too! Believe it!