Yes Ladies and Gentlemen – I’m back
I’ve been away from my blog for a while now; not for lack of love for my adoring fans and followers, but rather to take a little time for myself. I often do so much for others, that I forget that I need to take a little time for myself. I’ve been taking the past few months to focus on me and what I need. I’ve done a few fun things along the way (which I will happily share over the next few post) but in summary here is what I did on my summer vacation:
- I’ve been training for my 10 mile run in Disneyworld at the end of the month (I can complete 6 miles continuously – the last 4 are still a little worrisome but I have a few more weeks before the big day)
- I’ve lost 13 lbs since Memorial Day weekend – all the running and my Weight Watchers success have gotten me closer to where my weight was last summer. I still have a way to go to hit my goal, but like I always say, slow and steady!
- I took an art class and created this masterpiece in just two classes:
- I saw four Yankee games, two of them vs the Red Sox, and one from the Champion Suite seats which are just like heaven with a Jeter angel walking about
- I’ve run over 105.3 miles since June 1st and September 1st
- I’ve had tea at the Palm Court at the Plaza Hotel – just like Eloise
- I’ve dined in the dark – there’s nothing quite like not being able to see your meal!
- I’ve bought a new car (which my sister kindly named Herbert J. Ickybob – don’t ask)
- I’ve survived a year at my job (which I really didn’t think I would do)
- I completed my Health Coach course and am now a Certified Holistic Health Coach and a member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners – you can learn more about my health coaching business at www.MotivatedTurtle.com. You can also sign up for my monthly newsletter on my website as well.
These are just a few things I did, as always there are more adventures to come. I hope you will keep reading….
- Putting the Labor Back Into Labor Day: Did You Get a Rejuvenating Summer Vacation or Did You Work Yourself to Exhaustion? (psychologistmimi.wordpress.com)
- On vacations… and letting go. (johncborthwick.com)