As I mentioned on Sunday, I decided to try Dr. Oz’s 48 hour cleanse. Here are my thoughts –
- Although I got to eat on this detox, I was still hungry. Dr Oz gives you the option to eat fresh veggies like beans, cucumbers and radishes. I didn’t get hungry till after 7pm when Dr. Oz suggests not to eat. Go figure.
- This detox did not make me spend a lot of quality time in the bathroom – nice perk. Some detoxes have that effect on people, this was a pleasant bonus. I did have a bit of gas after dinner though (noisy not smelly – hey I have to give you guys the facts!)
- Quinoa & Prunes were good, Blueberry Smoothie was good, Pineapple & Kale juice delicious, Veggie soup was a complete fail. It smells nasty, looks grey, and I did not enjoy it. (My mom & Stepdad tried it too – their soup was purple because they used red cabbage)
- Surprisingly, I lost 3 pounds. Not sure it this was coincidence or detox based but it was great to see the scale slide. I wasn’t expecting a weight loss since I really didn’t feel a significant change to my body, but it was nice to see.
Has anyone else tried Dr. Oz’s 48 Hour Cleanse? What were your thoughts and results?
- Dr. Oz’s Two-Day Wonder Cleanse (inspired-weightloss.com)
- Spring forward with Dr. Oz’s spring cleansing diet (examiner.com)
- Dr. Oz’s Secret To Help Your Body Run Better (huffingtonpost.com)