So as you hopefully read yesterday in Let’s Shake the Dust of the Bucket List, I mentioned that I thought the idea of writing a “20 Things I Like About You” list for someone in your life. I said how I thought how wonderful it would be to be on the receiving end of the list. That being said today’s assignement – I’d like everyone to write a 20 Things I Like About ME list.
Personally, It is easier for me to give compliments, than receive them. I give my friends thoughtful advice and encouragment but I will beat myself up for the same things I just told a friend not to fret over. So I understand that for some, this will be a challenge, but give it a spin. It was a challenge for me too! If you need some inspiration here is my list:
20 Things I Like About Me
- I love that I am a good cook – I can follow a recipe, improvise one based on what’s on hand, or just throw some random stuff in to a pan and hope for the best!
- I love my audio recall abilities – I can recall movie lines or song lyrics after only a few listens.
- I love my feet – They are the perfect size for me.
- I love my thoughtfulness – It brings happiness to the people around me
- I love my loyalty to my friends – I support them through thick and thin
- I love being a great sounding board – I tend to be the friend people go to vent or hash out problems and I like that job.
- I love that I can be alone with myself and be ok with it – I don’t need to be with someone all the time or constant entertainment, I’m ok on my own.
- I love my hair – It can be straight (with a little time and a flat iron) or curly (it’s natural state) and look pretty good either way.
- I love my quirky sense of humor – It makes me unique and adds a little something extra to lackluster conversations
- I love that I can crochet – Sure it is only basic stiches but I feel it is a lost art and I’m glad I know how.
- I love that I have a unique and fascinating pet – how many of you have a turtle?
- I love my talent for analogies – I will say, I am not as good as Doc, but I think I have learned a few tricks of the trade from her
- I love my ideas of grandure – Sure they may not all come to fruition, but I keep dreaming
- I like my curves – They make me look like a woman.
- I love my willingness to try new things – how else will you know if you will like it?
- I love my ability to talk to anyone – It gives me the chance to make new friends and meet new people.
- I love that I have no problem telling people who don’t realize my awesomeness to fuck off – You don’t like me? Oh well, sorry you are going to miss out!
- I love that I am to be suroundded by good friends and family – Its a very fortunate things that many take for granted but not me. I know I am blessed.
- I love my tattoos – I know some people who regret them later in life, but mine are still awesome
- I love that I continue to improve myself in some way ever day – Whether it is working out, learning something, making healthy choices, every day I try to be better than the day before
- Have You Filled a Bucket Today? (talesofablendedfamily.wordpress.com)
- Article: A Letter To My 20 Year Old Self (crystalnicholls.com)
- Seeing is believing (lifeinthegray.com)
- This One is for The Girls (kriscrossroads.wordpress.com)