While I was home sick last week, a great deal of wonderful things happened to people I know:
- D1 recieved a promotion to a new position at work. Wonderful news! As long as I have known her, D1 has always been studying hard to keep up with the trends and knowledge of her field. This year, she took on a new challenge in a different department, but has now been promoted in to an exciting new role that will have a great impact on her community. I’m so proud of her and all her hard work.
- Doc’s Sister-in-Law – The Firedancer – got engaged! I can’t tell you how much joy I had in finding out about this life changing event (one of the few times that Facebook was actually useful). I met the Firedancer for the first time at Doc’s Bridal Shower. She is one of the loveliest people I have ever met. She is warm, funny and you know when speaking to her, that she has so much love to share with the world. Doc has been saying for at least a year that Firedancer has found her dance partner… it was only a matter of time till they got engaged. I’m so happy she has found someone worthy of her fabulousness!
- Red Barn Bakery is going to be featured on The Martha Stewart Show! Randell knocked on my door Saturday morning to tell me the good news. Of course, not being able to talk, I couldn’t ask questions so I don’t have a lot of info to share. She said it was going to be on Wednesday – I don’t know if that is the taping date of the air date, but it is incredibly exciting either way. I know how hard Randell has worked to get her brand on the map and this is a big break for her and her amazing breakfast cookie!
Im so happy that there are so many wonderful things happening to the people around me! Happiness, positive energy, and good things are contagious… I hope that good things head your way just by reading this!
- “Most good things happen without a plan: friendships, falling in love, finding a job, and so on. If…” (thegongshow.tumblr.com)
- Make Miracles Happen (benfranklinfollies.wordpress.com)