Happy Halloween Friends!
Today is the kick off to the “Holiday Eating Season”. First it starts with Halloween. All that candy, easily accessible and incredibly tempting. Then Thanksgiving where we are all thankful for turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and all the other fixings. Then Holiday parties, dinners and mall snacking while christmas shopping; all leading up to Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
No one wants to put on holiday weight (especially if you are getting some cute clothes under the Christmas tree). Some people thing it is impossible to avoid holiday gain. I beg to differ. Here are a few things I am going to do to fend off these holiday calories:
- Gym Gym Gym! I am going to go to the gym as often as I can. I can honestly say in the few weeks I have not been able to get to the gym with my new job I have felt sluggish and have had less energy. I’m going to try to get there a few mornings a week to get my blood pumping and burn more calories. If I can’t get to the gym, I have plently of DVDs and a Wii in my apartment. There should be no excuses to get 30 minutes of some sort of exercise in.
- Write what I bite – I am going to keep a food journal so I am aware of everything I am eating. Some times we don’t realize how much was are actually putting in to our body over the course of the day. Writing it down makes you aware of what you are actually eating and will help keep you accountable.
- Keep it Green – I’m going to try to eat more veggies. This is a personal challenge for me. I have been doing really well at this and want to make a conscious effort to keep up the good work
- Chew it all – Chewing awareness, which I talked about on Friday, is another personal challenge for me. I want to slow down my eating and take time to taste and enjoy my food.
- Entering the Holiday Season… (fellowshipofthehigherpower.wordpress.com)