Yesterday afternoon I took a Zumba class with Doc. She is a teacher so she is on summer vacation and since I am unemployed, I guess I am too. She texted me early in the morning and asked if I wanted to meet her for a class. Since I had no pressing engagements, I agreed.
Here are some reasons why working out with a friend is better than working out alone:
1) Accountability – Your friend is expecting you to show up. You have a responsibility to stick to your word and meet your friend.
2) Adventure – When working out with a friend, there is a chance you can learn something new; a new exercise, how to use a machine you haven’t tried before, or (in Doc’s case) taking a new class.
3) Challenge – When working out with a friend, you can compete and push each other farther than you would normally push yourself.
4) Fun – It is more fun when you have a friend working out with you; it becomes more of a social event.
Doc and I worked up quite a sweat in our Zumba class and it was great for both of us. We both got out of the house, we made it to the gym, we got a great workout, and we got to spend time together!
What do you prefer? Working out solo or with a friend?
- Pitbull Performs For Thousands Of Zumba Fitness Fans (khmx.radio.com)