Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains. – Crash Davis
This is one of my favorite quotes from the movie Bull Durham. I feel like this is applicable to not only baseball, but life.
Yesterday was full of wins, losses, and well, rain.
- 😀 My co-worker returned safely from India (and thankfully his father is in much better health now)
- 😀 I wore one of my new ‘smaller sized’ dresses
- 😀 I am still getting a ton of hits from the celebrity spotting and Glee Review
- 😀 I drank 72 oz of water today
- 😀 My toilet was fixed by the time I got home (Thank goodness or that 72 oz of water was going to be a problem!)
- 😦 I had to head home and end my visit with my nieces and nephew. Seriously, how cute are they?!?!?
- :(I had to go back to work on the hottest day in NYC to date this year (and man does New York stink when it is hot out!)
- 😦 I still haven’t installed my AC
- 😦 I haven’t gotten a run in since Monday (but I scored some awesome deals at the Under Armor Outlet on my way back home :D)
- 😦 Cuff Turtle knocked her filter over and was splashing water all over the living room again.
- 😦 Plans and messages got mixed up so I did not get to see LH & The Secret Agent like originally scheduled
Sometimes it rains…..
Then on the train home, I ran in to Jimmy Whispers. We talked about this and that, passing the time on our ride home. I watched the ominous rain clouds quickly rolling in our direction and the way the trees were bending in the wind. I jokingly told Jimmy he should give me a ride home so I wouldn’t get stuck in the rain. By the looks of the impending storm clouds, by the time I’d reach my stop, it would probably be pouring and both my lap top and I would be soaked.
When we pulled in to Whisper’s stop, he told me he would give me a ride. This was a first and it took me by complete surprise. I’ve ever been in a car with Jimmy and I was quite amazed that he was going out of his way for me. I was so grateful that he did, it was raining so hard I couldn’t see out the windshield and giant pieces of hail were knocking against the car. I’m not going to lie, I was pretty nervous (because of the weather, not Whisper’s driving!) I got home safe and sound, and very thankfully dry!
“Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes it rains”
- Rain dance (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- Cometh the hour, cometh the rain! (keineannung.wordpress.com)
- Adele confirms new single ‘Set Fire To The Rain’release date (worldnewsvideos.wordpress.com)