Why do we wish for things we can’t have?
Why do we assume the grass is alway greener?
Why do we put off the things that we really want to do?
I can’t tell you how many times I wished to be someone different than I am, taller, smarter, funnier. I’ve wished to be more like specific people I know, because they seemed to have the things that I wanted for my life. I’ve put off doing things and taking chances, waiting until I was thinner, had more time, had more money or what ever other excuse was available. I know that I have been guilty of all these things, I am sure you have been too. Why do we do this to our selves?
I’m not going to be taller, smarter, funnier or anyone else but me and if I keep waiting for the perfect alignment of stars and planets to start something, I’m going to miss out on a lot of other things and so are you!
We are a quarter of the way through 2011, what have you done so far this year? I’m making a “bucketlist” of all the things I want to do, try, and experience and have posted them here on my blog. I’d love if you would share a few of your own in the comments section below.
Here are a few quotes to motivate you (courtesy of www.quotegarden.com)….
- Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. ~Wayne Dyer
- Every man dies. Not every man really lives. ~Braveheart
- As you grow older, you’ll find the only things you regret are the things you didn’t do. ~Zachary Scott
- Why always “not yet”? Do flowers in spring say “not yet”? ~Norman Douglas
- Don’t ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion. ~Author Unknown
Don’t sit around waiting, seize the day!